A new document trying to explain the SkyOS Query system is available.
Take a look at more documents here.
SkyOS Beta8.5 is available for download. (changelog )
The main focus in the Beta8.5 release is at:
- Indexing Service. A SQL based file attribute and content index service which makes it possible to find your files in a fraction of a second
- Developer support. (API Documentation, Updated Developer Studio, ports of many required tools for ./configure scripts, ...)
- New XML based translation system for the OS itself, applications and help files
- Hundred of bugfixes
- and many more...
Furthermore, Nvu, Firefox and Thunderbird are included in this beta release.
A new document explaining the new XML based Translation System used in SkyOS is available.
With this new system, translating applications/libraries into other languages can be done with just a simple UTF8 supporting text editor. No additional compiler or tools are necessary.
If you are interested in translating SkyOS and/or applications into your language, you should take a look at this forum thread.
This video which consists of two parts will show you:
- How to perform queries for file meta data and file content using the viewer
- How the Open/Save dialog makes use of the IndexFeeder in order to find documents very quickly, regardless where they are stored
Click here to download the video in EXE format. (18MB, Player included).